Music makes the party. It is often what people remember the most about your event. When choosing entertainment, do your homework and make informed choices.
- Set a realistic budget for entertainment. Entertainer rates vary based on talent, experience, emcee ability, service, coordination, equipment needed, music knowledge, ability and personality. Rates for entertainment can range from $650.00 to over $5000.00 with an average of $1200.00 for a 4-hour booking.
- Ask questions of your potential entertainment before you hire them.
- Are you insured? Can you supply proof of liability? Many venues are beginning to require proof of liability insurance; so always ask.
- Will you be willing to play requests and discuss music ahead of time? A versatile entertainer will listen to your suggestions and play your desired requests. They will also accept the fact that you might not want certain songs played.
- Do you use Professional Equipment? Provide backup equipment? Have a backup plan in case of illness or an accident? The answer should be yes to all of these questions.
- Do you provide a written contract? It is extremely important to have your booking confirmed in writing. Ask for a written agreement, especially if you are paying a retainer. If you are expecting anything else special, get that in writing also.
Be sure to ask for references. Also, you can ask family, friends, other wedding industry vendors if they can recommend an entertainer. Often, the best entertainers do not have to advertise and this might be the only way to find the right entertainment for your event.Check Out the Entertainment Listings Now